The profession of medical analysis is one of the professions
that depends on practical application, touching the needs of patients and
society, and enriching scientific research in addition to its continuous
development. In line with the university's mission of excellence in providing
education and scientific research services with high international standards, a
master's program in medical laboratory sciences was created to contribute to
the realization of the vision and mission of the university. The program
provides opportunities for education, rehabilitation and scientific research
for students by providing a research environment that promotes cooperation and
creative thinking and works to publish research results in internationally and
locally recognized journals. The program aims to provide qualified cadres in
the field of modern medical laboratory sciences who are able to develop medical
analyzes to serve the community. The department has attracted elite faculty
members with high qualifications and long experience in academic and scientific
The Master's Program
in Medical Laboratory Sciences allows accepted students to study advanced
clinical courses, including: hematology, microbiology, immunology and serology,
molecular biology and pathological histology, laboratory management, scientific
research methods, quality control, and other subjects that applicants for this
program are interested in . After the student has successfully completed 25
credit hours, the postgraduate student can continue towards completing an
original research culminating in a master's thesis equivalent to 9 credit
hours, for a total of 34 credit hours. Thesis topics include the following
different specialized directions: Diagnostic Microbiology, Clinical Hematology,
Clinical Chemistry, Immunodiagnostics and Serology, Diagnostic Molecular
Biology, in addition to the comprehensive track.
Educational excellence in allied medical sciences through the provision of academically distinguished programs at the local and regional levels, and the preparation of qualified cadres capable of raising the level of healthy behavior in society and enriching scientific research, by contributing to the preparation of a group of specialists in the field of laboratory medical sciences who are able to participate in Developing the profession and the ability to carry out applied research that benefits the community to raise the level of medical laboratory services
Providing a distinguished applied educational service in the field of medical sciences based on the foundations of scientific research, and preparing graduates who are able to meet the needs of the local market with specialized competencies in this field.
The program works to achieve a set of goals, the most important of which are:
1. Work to provide qualified cadres in the field of modern medical laboratory sciences who can lead and develop the profession.
2. The ability to link the professional and scientific skill gained from the program with the ability to apply quality and quality control methods in the laboratory.
3. The ability to evaluate relevant scientific articles and carry out research and scientific skills necessary to advance community service.
4. Being able to collect and analyze clinical data and interpret the significance of the results that would benefit the patients' health.
5. The ability to demonstrate a high level of commitment to ethical and public safety standards of the profession.
6. Providing students with learning and teaching capabilities and increasing their chances of excelling in the performance of their mission.
Being a specialist in the field of medical analysis, your professional field is not limited to reporting the results of examinations, but rather extends to include a wide range of jobs in this field, and examples of fields of work for a specialist in medical laboratory sciences.
Fields of work for laboratory medical sciences specialist
• Work in medical laboratories in hospitals and private laboratories.
• Joining the teaching staff in various colleges and universities.
• Joining scientific research workers in private and public institutions
• Opportunity to join doctoral programs
• Work in veterinary laboratories and criminal research laboratories.
• Complete the requirements of the Jordanian Ministry of Health to obtain a specialist title and a license to open a medical laboratory
• Quality, efficiency, excellence and leadership in work.
• The ability to communicate with the community.
• Competitiveness locally and internationally
• Excellence in scientific research
• Keep up with professional development
• Professional and scientific ethics.
• teamwork .
• Professional and national affiliation.
• Respect for pluralism and other cultures.
Majors that can be accepted into this program.
• Bachelor's degree in medical analysis or medical laboratory sciences
• Bachelor of Medicine, Surgery and Veterinary Medicine
• Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy or Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy
• Bachelor of Nursing
• BSc in General/Applied Chemistry
• Bachelor's degree in General Life Sciences / Genetic Engineering / Biotechnology